Complex social and environmental problems require complex, organic solutions.
In each Accelerator, we create the 7 conditions Elinor Ostrom identifies as essential for successful, sustained solutions:
1. Clearly defined boundaries.
2. Proportional equivalence between benefits and costs.
3. Collective-choice arrangement.
5. Graduated sanctions.
6. Conflict-resolution mechanisms.
7. Minimal recognition of rights to organize, which is why we pair Sovereignty Accelerators with countries, states, or cities.
A radically empowered civil society is often able to initiate solutions better and faster than a government.