The platform helps you negotiate agreements that are timely, effective, cost-appropriate, and enforceable
Enforceable agreements are the basis of national stability, responses to large-scale threats, capital investment, growth, and development. They are the foundation of sovereignty, of self-governance.
Sovereignty First's shared information platform will help you:
1. Learn what you need to know before reaching out to partners:
- Identify specific areas of opportunity to stabilize, rebuild, and develop Syria.
- Understand the limits of the current economic, political, social, and cultural capacities in Syria.
- What human, social, technological capital does your initiative need?
- How much is actually available in Syria at this moment?
- Account for the lack of agreement and confusion among prime actors about the country and each other.
- Identify other prime actors whose cooperation will likely be necessary to design, implement, and sustain your initiative.
- Learn how other prime actors view you, so you can present yourself most effectively.
2. Build the relationships you need to advance your venture:
- The platform reveals who has convening authority concerning the country. If you want to invest in Syria but lack the necessary political influence, the platform will reveal influential partners who can include others actors in negotiations.
- The platform reveals pathways to common interests with other actors, and the types of overtures each is likely to respond to positively.
- When prime actors use the platform over time, together they generate a common political and social operating picture. This common understanding is the essential prerequisite of effective agreements.
3. Get better negotiations:
- The open nature of the shared information platform, and the generation of a common political and social operating picture, fundamentally improves the process of negotiation.
- Mutual transparency brings new information to negotiations, which makes more timely, appropriate, and effective agreements more likely.
- As transparency becomes the dominant strategy, hidden agreements risk being revealed and causing lasting damage that any conspirators.
- The platform identifies hidden power-brokers, potential spoilers, and possible leaders, all of whom will likely make their influence known later, and all of whom have the power to expedite negotiations when included from the onset.
4. Enforce the agreement together with other prime actors:
- When there is value for all parties to an agreement, every actor will benefit from enforcement. The shared information platform reveals potential costs and benefits of enforcement to all parties.
- The platform creates the common operating picture that allows governance networks to arise spontaneously. These governance networks are necessary for the enforcement of any multi-actor agreement.
- The platform shifts responsibility for enforcement from a single-actor, hub-and-spoke model to a accountable matrix of functional relationships. With transparency, common understanding, and aligned incentives, a governance network better aligns risks and responsibilities. It is more likely to succeed than a command-and-control approach.
Let's meet, learn about each other, and see if there is a fit.
Deepen your engagement: Be interviewed
If you are with a prime actor organization, participate in an interview. It is an opportunity to:
- Think deeply about Syria and those prime actors who influence the life of Syria.
- Share your perspectives—and have them read by hundreds of actors active in the life of Syria.
- Learn about the perspectives of other prime actors in the life of Syria—about the country, each other, and about you.
If you would like to be interviewed, contact Sovereignty First at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn how to use the platform: Get some training
Take a free hour of orientation on the platform.
Purchase more substantive training for you, your team, or staff:
- We help you interpret and benefit from the most current information on the platform.
- We teach you to access and interpret the information on the platform independent of our assistance.
- We train you in the fundamental concepts underlying the platform:
- A comprehensive national approach
- Levels of development of a country's ability to adapt
- Group response-to-threat methodology
- The transformation of the political sphere to open platforms.
For orientation or training, contact Sovereignty First at email@example.com.
History of our Syria shared information platform, and who is paying for it.